Empowering experts, fact witnesses and parties to testify clearly and powerfully. Employing proven witness preparation methods to teach concise, responsive testimony and strategically insightful safe harbors.
I teach skills unique to testifying in deposition, at trial or in arbitration.
Topics we cover include:
- Skills and drills to stay on theme
- Concise and compelling story-telling
- The effective use of non-verbal communication
- The importance of delivery as well as content of testimony
- Ways to enhance credibility
- Methods to distill technical concepts into understandable testimony
- How to help jurors identify with you as a likable, helpful teacher.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice there is." - Walter J. Savitch
In our sessions, we engage in mock direct testimony and mock cross examination. This includes constructive and actionable feedback that helps you become a confident, comfortable and persuasive witness.
In the course of preparing witnesses, we also have the opportunity to sharpen direct and cross examination techniques for lawyers.
- Energy (Oil & Gas, Utilities, Alternative Energy)
- Financial Services
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Professional Services
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Employment and Labor
- Environmental/Toxic Tort
- Family Law and Domestic Relations
- Intellectual Property (Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights)
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
State Courts, Federal Courts and Administrative Proceedings in:
- The Hague
- International Arbitrations
- The United States, including: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Iowa, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, Virginia